My family love salmon burgers! I love that this recipe is such an easy and quick family meal, especially on busy nights. For these, I typically make them the night before, while I am cleaning the kitchen. Then, we can just quickly reheat them in the oven, while we get the table ready and steam some vegetables.
You can find some great gluten-free buns, or these are even easy to serve without the bun. Toss on a salad with some sauce. I like sriracha, but your kids may want some simple mayo. I personally don’t have a sensitivity to gluten, but I do think that wheat is not a very nutrient dense source of carbohydrates, especially our standard refined bread, and when planning meals for myself and my family, my goal is nutrient density at each meal. So, I would rather have my calories coming from real food starches like squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots, or fruit. I personally would rather have a bunless burger and a side of baked sweet potato fries!
I try and fit some salmon into our diet on a regular basis. Salmon is a great source of Omega 3s, protein, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12. Plus, the cauliflower adds magnesium and fiber. I’ve found that serving salmon in a burger form makes it more acceptable to even picky eaters too.
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 cup cauliflower (steamed)
- 2 TBSP parsley
- 2 pastured eggs
- 3 TBSP preservative-free mayo
- 3 TSBP coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic power
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 TBSP oil for cooking
- Chop and steam cauliflower. Each piece of cauliflower should be 1/2 inch – 1 inch. To steam the cauliflower, boil about 2 cups of water in your steam, add your cauliflower, and steam for 7 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the steamer.
- Add cauliflower and ingredients except salmon to blender, and blend.
- Add the salmon in large chunks and pulse. You want to incorporate the salmon while still keeping some texture in the burger.
- Form 4 equal patties.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake the patties for 20 minutes at 350 F.
- Serve on gluten-free bun or salad.