Here are some great healthy snack ideas that you can keep with you and take on the go. In pregnancy, you have an increased nutrient need and may be hungry more often. These healthy ideas can prevent you from having to fun to a fast food restaurant or vending machine.
- Dang coconut chips
- Dark chocolate
- Nut butter packets (almond, sunflower, cashew)
- Hummus and veggies
- Nuts and seeds – almonds, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Sardines or canned salmon (wild-caught)
- Jerky (sugar & preservative free)
- Grass-fed collagen/collagen bars
- Drinks – water, coconut water
You can also preemptively put a whole container of something into Ziploc snack bags to grab and go. These also create portion control so you are not reaching unconsciously into a bag and accidentally eating too much. Having a preformed plan for snacks is critical for healthy weight gain and getting the nutrients you need.